Species at Risk Act (SARA) Consultation, Cooperation and Accommodation Project
This multi-year project will facilitate Indigenous communities’ and organizations’ participation in Environment and Climate Change Canada’s (ECCC) listing and recovery planning processes for terrestrial species as part of implementing the federal Species at Risk Act. CIER’s role is to support a range of activities between Indigenous communities and organizations and ECCC on developing recovery documents, sharing knowledge and language, addressing threats to terrestrial species at risk survival and recovery, and land use planning for species at risk on reserve lands and within traditional territories.
Species at Risk List
ECCC is continuously listing and reassessing the status of species under the Species at Risk Act and developing recovery documents for those that are listed as special concern, threatened or endangered. The focus of the SARA Consultation, Cooperation and Accommodation Project is on those species that are actively undergoing the listing process or recovery document development. The list below is subject to change over time.
Expression of Interest Deadline March 11th, 2022
On this webpage you will find the materials shared at the sessions included in this project (e.g., SARA overview sessions, species specific workshops, training sessions, information sharing sessions, funding application forms). You will also find helpful species at risk related tools and resources. Click on the topic headings to see a drop-down list of the associated resources.
- Information Sharing and Expression of Interest Session PPT (Nov 9th and 18th 2021)
- Information Sharing and Expression of Interest Session Summary Report (Nov 9th and 18th 2021)
- Overview of CIER project and SARA (November 4, 2021)
- Land Relationship Visioning Training
- Boreal and Eastern Caribou (January 18, 2022)
- Recovery Documents Consultations (December 7, 2021)
Expression of Interest and Available Funding
- Expression of Interest (Word Doc)
- Overview of available funding to support involvement (PDF)
- SARA_CCA_Funding Overview
- SARA Expression of Interest Form
Lynn Mallett, Project Manager, CIER (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sjoerd van der Wielen, Senior Project Manager, CIER (email@example.com)
Victoria Leck, Consultation Biologist, ECCC-CWS (Victoria.Leck@ec.gc.ca)