Support Indigenous Communities
CIER works with those having common interests including:
- First Nation, Métis, and Inuit Councils and Communities
- Municipal and Federal Governments
- Non-Government Organizations
We work with Indigenous communities to build environmental capacity. CIER educates, conducts research, and builds skills to assist Indigenous communities in taking action to solve the environmental problems affecting their lands and waters. We learn with, teach, and connect Indigenous communities and organizations with the resources they need to achieve their goals.
We can offer your community or organization support in:
• Project Management and Coordination
• Community, Youth, and Elder Engagement
• Non-Indigenous Stakeholder Engagement & Partnership Building
• Indigenous Knowledge, Mapping, and Language Studies
• Community-Based Monitoring
• Workshop Facilitation
• Strategic Advising and Support to Strengthen Indigenous Governance
• Research Services
• Fund Development and Funder Relations
If you have an idea for a new project or are looking for support/training to amplify your current work, contact us to discuss how we can support you. Contact Us
“Let us put our minds together and see what life we can make for our children.”
~ Chief Sitting Bull, Hunkpapa Lakota
Our Impact Stats show the big picture of how CIER projects make an impact on Indigenous communities through the creation of employment opportunities and strengthening of community capacity, while highlighting our organization’s reach through four social media platforms, speaking engagements and subscribers to our quarterly newsletter.
Where We Work
CIER has wide experience working in diverse Indigenous communities across the country. Use the interactive map below to find out where CIER has worked on projects (this list is not exhaustive!)
How to use this map
- Click the menu on the top left corner to select project types and narrow your search further.
- Click on any of the First Nations or communities to find out project names.
- Zoom in (click +) to get closer to your region of interest or zoom out (click -) to go back to seeing all of Canada.
Do you want to find out more? Fill in our Contact Us form and we will do our best to answer your question.
You can also follow this link to view the map on Google Maps: CIER’s Google Map
Our water programs are centered on the goal of improving the health of waters and watersheds, and empowering communities to address challenges and lead the way for healthy waters.