Through the Comprehensive Community Planning (CCP) Training Program, CIER provided a variety of information resources to participants to support their efforts in the development and implementation of an integrated community sustainability plan. Resources are also available in English and French.
You are welcome to draw on these resources as part of your planning efforts.
- CCP Word Cloud: Use these words to initiate a discussion with your planning team about what comprehensive community planning means to your First Nation. What are the key messages you want people to walk away with after you introduce the idea of CCP?
- CCP Sustainability Wheel: CIER uses sustainability as a framework for CCP, for gathering background information, visioning, priority setting and more. We use this wheel diagram as a tool to engage people in these planning discussions and activities.
Session One Training Material (2007)
- Introducing Community Vision: Identifies important information to share with your community and leadership to start a dialogue on vision
- Background information requirements: Provides a table outlining information that you’ll need.
- Gathering internal and external information: A preparation worksheet for information gathering.
- Setting up a planning team: Information and things to consider when setting up your planning team.
Session Two Training Materials (2008)
- Our Community Story: An annotated table of contents to help you build your own community-based community profile
- Identifying and Ranking Goals and Objectives: Looking at the community issues to identify and rank goals to get started.
- Helping to Set Priorities: A table to get started on identifying key places to start.
- PARK Analysis: A tool to understand and analyze your current reality.
Session Three Training Materials (2008)
- Land Use Planning Presentation: Handout of a powerpoint presentation on land use planning and its linkages to CCP. For many First Nations land use issues are one of the catalysts for CCP.
- Communication Strategy Template: A tool for your planning team to use as you develop your CCP communication strategy.
Session Four Training Materials (2009)
- Issues to Goals: A simple table to take the list of brainstormed community issues (good, bad and beautiful) from issues to goals.
- Issues to Goals Large Poster: A large format (4 x 6 feet) of the above table; have it printed and use it in a group setting with post-it notes and index cards. Move the cards around, create themes and draft goals as a planning team using community generated issues and ideas. Share these for feedback and more input!