Social Media Coordinator Position
Do you enjoy social media engagement? Are you looking for a way to foster your creativity to support an organization’s voice?If yes, then this is the opportunity for you!CIER, the Centre for Indigenous Environmental Resources, is a national First Nations-directed environmental charitable organisation. We offer research, advisory, education and training services to Indigenous communities, governments and private companies in two inter-related areas: protecting lands and waters and building sustainable communities.
CIER requires a part time Social Media Coordinator responsible for the provision of a broad range of social media engagement that serves to connect CIER, our work and resources to the general public.
- Develop and deliver an innovative and creative social media strategy for the organization;
- Develop a content calendar, and curate and create engaging content for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked-In);
- Interview staff to learn about fun, engaging projects that staff are working on and develop content for social media platforms to share success stories and/or project updates (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked-In);
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content, where applicable;
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked-In);
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends;
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments;
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics;
- Develop and deliver CIER quarterly newsletters. Tasks include identifying and writing newsworthy stories, layout and distribution;
Qualifications / Skills
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools;
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools and digital media formats,
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space;
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills;
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills;
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask;
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and can work unsupervised;
Education and Experience Requirements
- College education in marketing or a related field;
- 1-3 years’ experience with social media marketing or content development;
- Direct experience using social media management tools;
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Word);
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus;
- Experience with Weebly or WordPress is an asset and/or website updating experience and web content development;
The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to the implementation of CIER’s Vision and Mission, operate in a collaborative team setting, and maintain high productivity levels and quality of work.
This is a part time position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer performance-based remuneration and compensation options are negotiable. Although preference will be given to Aboriginal applicants (including First Nations, Metis and Inuit), all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. CIER is a virtual office, we gather as a team throughout the year.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter stating salary expectations on or before March 31, 2021, to: