Are you the One? We need your skills!
The Centre for Indigenous Environmental Resources (CIER) invites applicants for the position of Executive Assistant.
The successful candidate is responsible for providing professional administrative support to ensure CIER Executive operates in an organized, efficient and professional manner. The Executive Assistant will work with the four members of Executive to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization. By focusing on building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships and connections with each of the members of the Executive team, the Executive Assistant will maintain the integrity of a fully functional network of support that strengthens performance and targeted impact to help facilitate the best possible outcomes for the entire team.
As a national First Nation directed environmental non-profit organization with charitable status, CIER’s mission is to work in partnership with Indigenous nations to support and build sustainable Indigenous communities and a healthy environment. Our work focuses on the many aspects of building sustainable communities and protecting lands and waters. CIER is very interested in people with a background that reflects decolonization and community empowerment, and whom are comfortable working with a team with people of diverse ethnicities, backgrounds, and experiences. As an organisation, we support and work towards reconciliation with Indigenous Nations and non-Indigenous allies. We are a team of like-minded individuals who strive to build environmental capacity in and with Indigenous community partners. CIER personnel most often work in a virtual office setting, however, you will be expected to attend meetings in Winnipeg. We offer flex work arrangements. This position might include travelling to remote communities.
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Over five years of experience in an Assistant role, virtual preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 Suite, especially Word, Outlook, Teams, Excel and SharePoint
- Positive attitude and an excellent communicator
- Excellent multitasking, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent self-starter, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with latest workplace technologies and software, including but not limited to Zoom, Smartsheet, Adobe Pro, Salesforce, E-commerce and desktop sharing
- Willingness to (overnight) travel
- Distraction-free workspace with access to laptop and highspeed internet
Nice to Have
- Fluency in Indigenous language(s) and/or French
- Experience working in a virtual office
Given the virtual nature of CIERs work, the successful candidate must have access to a secure and reliable internet connection and a laptop with fully functional WIFI capability. A valid class 5 license is required.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and between $55,000 to $60,000 annually. Although preference will be given to Indigenous applicants (including First Nations, Métis and Inuit), all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply (please identify yourself in the cover letter).
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and a brief cover letter to CIER c/o firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date for Applications: November 25, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.